#10. Hanging out with the little guy of course!
9. Exercise! (has not begun yet, but will begin in the New Year... I hope...). Now, instead of 20 minutes to a half hour of pumping before my morning shower while he is napping... I can do 20 minutes to a 1/2 hour of exercise!
8. Making his own food. Since I can no longer make his own food, I thought I would make his own food. Meaning, right now we are working on fresh applesauce, mushed squash, and he has already enjoyed some organic pears. Grammie Hedy got us this great baby food machine - and we are having a ball cooking!
4. Relax. A glass of wine comes much easier now that I do not have to worry about how it will effect the pumping. A glass of wine before bed is heavenly!
6. Blogging. Ok, so I have been slacking lately, but I hope to get back on track.
5. Looking for something to do. Not too seriously, but trying to get back on the bandwagon somehow. Avon lady? Sell my homemade organic baby food? Grant writing for hire? Right now I am sticking with the volunteer work, so the MFA and my town are winning in this category.
3. Communicate. Sounds weird, but I need to keep better touch with friends and family. I may even break out the pen and write a ... letter.
2. Cook. Not just for the baby! But for me. We need to focus on eating better. One of my 2010 resolutions is to make a recipe from each cookbook I own. Take that Julie Powell (from Julie and Julia). I betcha Julia Child would like me better too. Anyway, this is a way to have homemade foods, potentially healthier too! (except for the recipes I will be making from the Paula Deen cookbooks... Those will inevitably have sticks and sticks of butter). Ironic that I will be focusing on eating healthier AFTER I have stopped pumping...
(please note, most of these activities are made easier by my SAHM status. And I am thankful for that. In no way would the author like to suggest that by not breastfeeding you too will have time to be a better rested, thinner, Martha Stewart. This is purely the author's fantasy and way to help her rationalize that even though breastfeeding did not work out for her, other things can.)
No comments:
Post a Comment