Monday, December 14, 2009

Winter

Winter has set in. As you can see above, I am getting pretty good at bundling up the little joy. Since we do not have one of those "bundle me" car seat things, I just dress him warm and stick a blanket around him. He usually comes out like a little sweat monster. But, at least he is not cold?
With the holidays around the corner we have been having a lot of celebration. Usually at our house to accommodate his early bedtime. Though Saturday we made our first trip to Hingham to visit Auntie Bobo and Uncle Nick in their new awesome house! LJ especially loves the bathrooms.

We had the Kings and Keri over on Friday night in what seemed like it could have been a New Years celebration. One of my friends asked me what we were doing for New Years this year - and now that there is little buddy, there is no question. We will be at home, watching the tv. We are not quite the glamour kids anymore (though I am not sure we ever were on New Years).
I am still waiting on word about Florida, so I am sorry Part 2 is late, or will continue to be missing! In the meantime I hope to keep you updated. I have a post I must save because it involves someone's Christmas present. Otherwise all is status quo. The little bugger still likes to roll on his tummy and then proceeds to scream in anger that he is on his tummy. He does this ALL THE TIME. No longer can mom drop him on his mat and go to the bathroom! I am looking forward to if Santa brings us that Excersaucer thing.
Other excitements - he is trying to crawl. Far from it, believe me... But when he is on his tummy he is trying to move forward so much (it usually ends with him backward about an inch or two). It looks like he might be doing an army crawl by New Years.

He is also eating well. He likes his rice and oatmeal with bananas. But, don't dare try to give him straight oatmeal. Not a fan. He is starting to get a bit bored with it I think, so I might try a veggie pretty soon. Peas? Squash? I was going to try to wait until five months. But, hey, he is a Hall and we like to eat.

I have stopped pumping too. Which is a whole nother story for a whole nother time. I still feel guilty which is sad. But, hey - there are still 100s of ounces left in the freezer!

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season!

1 comment:

  1. I thought I would feel guilty about stopping pumping but it felt FAR too liberating! Glad to hear you are enjoying the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete