Thursday, December 31, 2009

How did that happen?

I believe now we are all caught up on images. Now maybe I can get back to some stories. I heard from a lot of you that you do read my blog, but not through the comments! So, I guess I should just keep plugging along.
We have entered a "How did that happen?" stage. I understand this stage is very long, and can perhaps last 20 - 50 years even. This is the stage where I look down and he has no binky, and I look up and he has the binky in his mouth. This is quite a momentous and celebratory occasion, as he loves to take out his binky, stare at it and try to put it back backwards. I still have not seen him figure it out for himself yet - but it must have happened, unless someone's ghost is around to insert bink.
Even more exciting, he was on his tummy, and then he was not. We have not yet seen him roll back from his tummy yet though the kid loves to roll onto it. Hours of Mom running to the rescue to roll him upright again, as LJ hates to be on his tummy. Why does he keep rolling onto his tummy one might ask? If you have the answer, let us know. I am looking forward to the day the kiddo rolls back all the time. But for now I will take the roll back on the aerobed (I think it was easier because he was near the edge that comes up a bit) while I was folding laundry.
And the latest "How did that happen?" - not a good one - it finally happened. The bugger woke up from his morning nap yesterday screaming. I go into see what all the commotion is about, and he is completely unswaddled and on his tummy. I wonder if we are entering the no swaddling zone, which is very sad for me. I was hoping they made those velco-cheating blankets for 12 year olds.

I realize this is only the very beginning and we have a lot of things to look forward to - be scared about... It is amazing that in one fold of pants I missed his first roll back, or in one cleaning of the bottle his first pick up the bink. Perhaps we should stop using the bink that much before he asks for it!

1 comment:

  1. As soon as swaddling didn't work we were on to full on cry it out. Good luck and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete