
This year we decided to have a low key New Years at home. Our friends who are pregnant joined us (Pat from the previous posts) as did Declan and his parents (LJ's BFF). We had a last minute awesome addition of Aunt Mahlman too!

The little man was dressed in his Christmas best, as we have to use those outfits as much as possible before it is too ridiculous. I instructed the guests to wear Pajamas. It only worked for half of them...

All in all it was a fun night, but the last time we hosted one of these we were raging until 3 am. There was no waking up until 11 the next day and there was tons of fun. There was tons of fun here too - but I barely made it till midnight and was especially stressed at the thought of knowing I would need to wake up and be entertaining to LJ by 7 am. Which is really hard for me after some champagne (one drop even and I am headache lady). I guess this is the new New Years though. I loved New Years as child as my parents would hang out with their three couple friends. It was always such a grand and fun night. But in my adulthood it has kind of stunk. I think you always think it is going to be better than it ever could be.

I should say though, for three dogs barking and two babies occasionally crying - we did have a good time. When we get together it is always fun. We can't wait for little Pat (is it a girl, is it a boy, it's little Pat!) to arrive so we can complete the three best friends that anyone's ever had.
No comments:
Post a Comment