
This week I did a lot of things for me. And this makes me feel like a bad Mommy because what I really did was transport LJ from one safe place to another. Get sick of the excersaucer? Move him to the bouncer. Sick of the bouncer? Move him to his chair. Sick of the chair? Naptime in the swing. In between time sure I was smiling with him - and even when he was in his chair I was talking to him the whole time... But, I needed to get stuff done...

I cooked! Used the bread machine for the first time in years. Made homemade meatballs. Cleaned a bit and completed some projects. I had a cold so I didn't leave the house, and was able to get all of these things done. I got almost-caught up with all of my volunteer work, the Conservation Commission and the MFA. I will need some more time though for it next week.

I have come to find out that it is hard getting a mountain of stuff done with a little one. He can sometimes entertain himself in his excersaucer for about a 1/2 hour, but today it was like: "No, Mom, I know what you are doing, and you WILL pay attention to me." His favorite thing is to cough to get my attention. He did it at the Dr's office and the Dr actually burst out laughing saying that was the fakest cough she had ever heard. We call it social coughing here and make fun of him for it.

Am I that bad though? Things need to get done, and he needs to learn how to play on his own, right?
It is fine for him to learn to be by himself. Once he can sit up on his own he can play on a playmat. I'd advise being out of his line of sight so he can get used to you not being with him all the time. N&P can do about 20-30 mins without me so long as they can't see or hear me.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the coughing while you can because whining will start soon :-) I feel bad because I don't see Cameron all day so it's like I'm obligated to pay 100% of my attention to her before she goes to bed. No way I could do that on the weekends or before I returned to work!
ReplyDelete