Saturday, December 19, 2009

Questions

I need some help from all the moms out there. Here are a few questions on the mind lately:

How do you do "meals" with your child? Now that we are adding food to his diet, I have been giving it to him with his bottle. Should we have a separate meal from the bottle? Any neat food tricks out there? Any tasty bites we should try? So far he is a cereal expert, and he tried his first fruit yesterday, pears. (he has had prunes before... but those were to get him to you know...). He is five months old, so he has some time yet before food is an important part of his diet, I realize that this is just for fun at this point. He is still getting 28 ounces a day otherwise.


The little bugger has taken to waking up at 5:30 - how do I get him to sleep later? CIO worked, but now what is with the early wake up?

Any toys that are fun and must-haves for a little guy? He is getting really into toys these days. He loves to chew on things too. I have learned Sophie is great. And, we are getting the excersaucer for Christmas. We tried the jumper last night for the first time, and what a hit!


He rolls onto his tummy, but once there is not happy. How do we get him to roll all the way? Any advice there? Also, how do I help him learn to sit up? I am slightly jealous as the babies at Gymboree and my preggo in the pool friend's kids are all sitting up now on their own. LJ is a month behind them in age so I know I shouldn't worry too much, but I would love for the little man to sit on his own!

2 comments:

  1. For sitting up put two boppies (if you have two) behind him and LJ will learn how to sit up. Totally works because he can't fall back very far. As for waking up at 5:30...Cameron was doing this too. I would keep her room dark and give her a bottle and put her back to bed. Usually worked and she grew out of the super early wake up times. Otherwise just let him hang out in his crib for at least 30 minutes. LJ will actually learn a lot (like rolling) if you let him be by himself in a safe place. In terms of food, that's tricky. In the evening I would give Cameron her bottle first and then solid food 30-60 minutes after. Totally get the munchkin food rings (has a mesh bag) and put cut up fruit in it. Cameron LOVES hers and it's a good start on finger food. I always priortize the bottle over the solid food because Cameron started preferring solid food and would refuse her bottle. Also, if you can get LJ to eat bigger bottle sizes (say 6 ounces) then you can spread the bottles out to every four hours and that makes it easier to fit in the solid food. The trickiest part for us? Aligning it with nap time so that she wasn't hungry and slept well. Good luck! You are doing great and I hope that you found the weaning off pumping to be as liberating as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Stacey! We will try the boppy trick today! Sounds like LJ is just like Cameron with the food. He loves food so much it is hard to give him the bottle during the same meals anymore! I will get those mesh bags for sure - I think we have to wait a month though. I am busy making him applesauce, carrots and squash today! Yum!
    Being done with pumping is huge... see next post. I have so much time now and am a lot less cranky! It is still sad I couldn't make it work but time to move on I keep telling myself! Happy holidays to the whole clan!

    ReplyDelete