Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sunday River, the conclusion 2010

This weekend was our last weekend at Sunday River. I know this because while skiing I saw grass, and it was green. We had a great time with the Kings! And, to tell you about how weird it was to be up there now - to go skiing in the morning, and then in the afternoon to go for a walk not wearing coats or anything, was crazy.
At least we took advantage of the place this year! And, we already got J his first ski pass. Sunday River had a $30 special for kids under 5, if you buy it before April 1. So, for $30 we thought we would start his ski pass collection. I am told he may be able to go up the magic carpet with some strap-on skis late next winter, after walking for a few months. He can even go in the chondola up the bunny slopes if he is really ready! No classes for him though until he is 3-1/2. Bummer.
J had not been a picture of health the week prior to our trip - but this weekend he was finally back to new. He had a bit of my stomach bug, a fever in and out, snot like a faucet and some sneezing. It finally went away last Wednesday - except for the snot. I took him to the Dr on Friday, and sure enough, ear infection. But, once on medicine he seems to be doing just fine. The poor guy though, with all of these ailments - two more bottom teeth look like they are also coming in. Really, four bottom teeth and no top yet?
Yesterday and today we have been taking some quiet time at home in preparation for our big getaway next week. We had a CPR class with some of the usual suspects at my house yesterday which was informative, fun, and calming. At least I know what I am supposed to do, in theory, if he is choking or unconscious... Some more preparation and packing tomorrow, then lots of fun this weekend, and a visit from Auntie Walsh next week!

1 comment:

  1. I must see a picture of the bottom teeth...that is too cute!

    ReplyDelete