
This weekend we went to Sunday River again! Both Daddy and I, and Aunt Jennie and Unkie Jerry as we have been calling him, could not tear ourselves away from the little guy, so we did not ski on Saturday. We instead visited a maple sugar shack, hung out around the place, and had a few bottles out on the porch in the sun!

It was a great day to hang out with the family. All but Otter had a good time, as it seems a stomach bug has hit her. It hit her all over the carpet. For the rest of the weekend I was a bit of a carpet-a-phob. I asked why this wasn't bothering anyone else and Aunt Jennie replied: "It only bothers me every time you bring it up." Nice one, Aunt Jennie!

He was a perfect angel, drank more from the bottle than in the past week (24-26 ounces a day), but continues to now throw a fit at mushed food. I am trying to hold off on moving to solids. What do I do? What kind of solids besides puffs can you give to a 7-1/2 month old?

Thank you all for all of your food support! I have a feeding specialist from Boston Children's in my Colby/Faceboook network - and she has been a great support too! Not to mention I cannot wait for her daughter and my son to meet up in a few weeks! I feel so much better and will be sure to let the Dr know about my unpleasant experience with the nurse.
Now that he is 7.5 months you can probably introduce a few other soft foods. Canned green beans, canned fruit (Cameron loves plums with the skins pulled off), Cheerios, sliced cheese, etc. Kristin has a post about it with some great responses so hopefully she'll dig up the link and put it here. Glad to hear that you had a wonderful weekend. J looks great!
ReplyDeleteI found it! I just calculated back to the twins being J's age, and there it was. Actually, it was kind of freaky how similar the posts are! http://www.mommyesq.com/2009/04/their-highchairs-are-on-mount-everest.html
ReplyDeleteHe had some avocado today which he LOVED. I noticed in that post it mentioned how a lot of the kids have a hard time with it - not mine, he wants to pick up food right away. He has already started to refuse purees. which is a bummer because today I made a 1 month supply. Any others that read this, I am going to try bits of banana, canned fruit (thanks Stacey!) and tofu too. I also think he will love Cheerios since he is a puff fan. He loves the mummums too. We will wait a while (at least till he is over 8 mos) for cheese, beans, broccoli. but I know he will love it all. I wanted to start meats sometime soon too. Ah, a whole new world.