9. Stages go by quickly. So, if you think you need 8,000 2 oz bottles for boobie juice, you do not. What do I do with them all now?
8. Having TWO dogs and a baby is way too much work. Especially when one of them is obsessed with the tennis ball, and another one eats his own poop. Don't get me wrong, I love the dogs, but it is a lot of work.
6. Should have gone out to eat a lot more when he would just sleep in his car seat! That was so nice!
5. They have their whole lives to eat food. I really wanted him to start, and it is nice that we did - but now the kid likes food so much he refuses to take the bottle! We have to practically hold the kid down to get 20 ounces in him a day now!
3. Always demand to speak to the Doctor on call, before going to the Emergency Room, as learned when J was 8 weeks old.
2. They have hard heads, as learned a few weeks ago... He smacked his head on the ground from a seated position and it was so loud, I could have sworn I broke him. But, alas he is just fine. I have since heard about every horror story known to man about kids falling off changing tables, off beds, out of car seats onto pavement - and being ok. (not that if this happens you or I should not be worried about our child, but just that a mere smack on the ground from seated is nothing to worry too much about).
1. And the number one thing I wish I knew before...husbands and daddies have their own way of doing things, and it is best not to comment and to just be thankful when they have their time with the little one!
I would add a correlary (sp?) to #1: Mommy should not always be the comforter of the baby. My instinct is to hold and cuddle Cameron when she isn't doing well. Daddies are just as good...
ReplyDelete