
Today we had a great morning. I have to write about it, because I am worried these will be few and far between shortly. It was quality mother-son time all around. We bonded. He was in a super-cute mood. I think I was in a super-good mood too which is a good thing because yesterday I was a mess. I literally told my boss yesterday "I will not be doing anything that matters today because I keep doing stupid things." Nice, that is a way to get yourself hired back in a few months... But seriously, yesterday was one of those sending e-mails without the attachment sort of days. Today was a play with your really fun son sort of day!

He is a talking fool now. I am convinced most of his tantrums from before were because he could not talk. Now he still has tantrums, don't get me wrong - but the difference is he understands what is going on. He knows I do not want him to do it, and he wants to. Whereas before he was just in the dark completely. If you ask him to repeat anything, he will. Really, anything. His favorite word to repeat now is "buckle." Really? Whenever I am buckling him in the high chair or the car seat I hear it. He went from 2 words to like 200 in a week. He loves to say Mickey, and in his utter cuteness this morning handed me the remote and asked for "Mickey." So, of course I put Mickey on. When it was over he signed for more and I told him to ask me and he said: "Mickey Peease." How cute? He got to see Mickey twice this morning...

We went to Gymboree and the ham had the whole class in stitches. I was sitting on the bouncy roller thing (think similar to yoga ball), and he goes and sits on a beach ball and bounces too. There is one song where you go crazy and make lots of noise and then all the sudden the music stops (similar to freeze dance). So, the music stops and usually my son is still going, but today - no - he now says "shhhh" and puts his finger to his lips. Too cute.

So that is enough of me gushing over him for a while. Again, I am terrified this will not happen again with Deuce in the picture, for a long time... The one thing he is doing now - taking off his shoes and socks in the car. Cute the first time, annoying the 18th. Any thoughts?
No comments:
Post a Comment