Monday, March 28, 2011

Whine Time

I am just going to take a moment to whine. I hate Spring. I have always hated Spring. More specifically, I hate March and April. They are a tease. You think you are done with Winter, but you are not. Everything looks dead, it is cold, and there is dog poop all over the lawn (at least in my case). It will still be weeks yet before the leaves come back, the flowers bloom, and the temperatures reach a normal in the 60s.

You know what else is going to take weeks? Deuce's arrival. What a crappy time to be at the end of a pregnancy. I am just sitting here waiting for Mother Nature to start working. I can't believe I have still more than a month to go. Which means, it could be as much as 8 weeks. Because the midwives do not believe in inducing, and they think I am due May 9th - when all recent ultrasounds are putting me in from April 30th - May 2nd... So, they would let me go as late as May 22nd. Can you imagine? Potentially 8 more weeks! Yikes! Deuce better live up to his brother and come two weeks early.

At least when I was preggers in July I could take walks, sit outside, sit in a pool. But noooooo. Not in March.

I will stop now. But please know that the heartburn, back ache, sleeplessness and extra-tiredness still exists. I am never going to be preggers again I tell you! Spring, you stink!

1 comment:

  1. #1 - You are done with work.
    #2 - No cankles (at least exposed ones) when you are pregnant in the spring.
    #3 - Second babies come faster than first born
    #4 - You have the whole summer ahead of you to enjoy with the new baby!

    ReplyDelete