Monday, April 4, 2011

Kaleidoscope Children's Museum

Today we went to the Kaleidoscope Children's Museum in Manchester, NH. For those of you who might be new to my blog, before I started back at my job I would frequently visit and review area children's places. I seemed to stop that for a while and have since used my blog for more whining purposes. But, I figure, back to reviewing children's places since I am once again a SAHM!
We dropped Grumpy off at the airport (very sad to see Grumpy go, we had an excellent weekend with him!), and Grammie, Joel Andrew and I met up with Maddy and Kim at the Museum. It is really not so much a Museum as it is a play place. A big wide-open space in an old mill. Pretty easy to get to off the highway, and with all the usual things to keep them busy - slides, a kitchen area (this one specializes in pizza), fire truck, boat, etc. They also seem to have art classes and things too that would be nice if only we lived a little closer.
The place was immaculate. Very clean, and not too crowded. There is lots of space around the toys so I can imagine that even during crowded times it is still nice. The best part, they had benches for tired preggo mommies to sit on, and you could see clear across the room. So, if Joel Andrew suddenly darted somewhere I can see what he is doing and did not have a problem getting up and running to him - this has been a big problem of late at Gymboree. I just don't have the energy to keep getting up off the floor.
As you can see the two buddies played very well together. It was impossible to get a photo of them both smiling, though they smiled the whole day. Afterwards we went to Friendly's for lunch and Grammie and I kept the little guy up the whole way home so he would nap in his crib. That is not going so well, currently...
All in all a great play place, a nice thing to have in my back pocket the next time we pick up or drop off Grammie and Grumpy at the Manchester airport. Deuce is sure to love it too. Kids over the age of 1 are $10. I think there are group discounts for multiples in families. Adults and under the age of 1 are free! There is a nice place to have snacks there, and they sell plenty of snacks and coffee as well. If you are in the area, and need to kill and hour with the kiddos, a good place to drop in.

No comments:

Post a Comment