Sunday, April 10, 2011

Stone Zoo and Jordans

Today we had a fun filled day with the McCrensky-Harding clan at the Stone Zoo in Stoneham, Mass. I was shocked to see how close the zoo was to my old stomping grounds of Burlington, Mass. Very easy to get to. As you may know from my previous posts, our other zoo here in New England, the Franklin Park Zoo (same owners by the by) is very difficult to get to, in a scary part of town with treacherous parking. Not so with the Stone Zoo. We left at noon on a Saturday (not just any Saturday, but the first bright and sunny 60 degree Saturday of the year where everyone is out and about) and the parking lot was just half full (or half empty). It was a two minute drive off 93, and despite the fact that their systems were down, it only took a 2 minute wait to get our tickets and get into the place.
I was expecting not too much. My husband continued to warn me there are three exhibits there, and basically stopped short of saying they were a mouse, a rat and a squirrel. Maybe it was all that prep, but I was pleasantly surprised. Sure you are not going to find an elephant or giraffe, but we found quite a few cool things. Some bears, a jaguar, a cougar, and lots of Joel Andrew's favorite, birds. He even pointed at a Barn Owl and said "Owl" - unprovoked. I was so proud!
We had a great time with Britt, and even ran into Ava and her Mom too! Quite a popular place to be on a weekend! Afterwards Britt and her family and us went to Fudruckers in the Jordan's Furniture store just down the road. Sounds funny, but this furniture store is actually quite a destination for little kiddos. I think all the high chairs were in use at Fudruckers today. Joel Andrew loved their fun strollers, getting in and out of all the kids furniture, and watching the liquid fireworks. Mom loved the fact he did not want the vanilla milkshake that came with his meal. It is official, the Williams family all loves this furniture store. Ha!

I close this brief post to remark on the fact that I am doing something I swore not to do, blogging in the middle of the night. I am about to do something else, HGTV in the middle of the night too. I am getting to that really uncomfortable, can't sleep stage... I guess it is all prep for that I am really comfortable and want to sleep but can't stage...

2 comments:

  1. Ha, ha. I always managed to just lie in bed and pretend I was sleeping - at least you are more productive. Next time you come down to Stone Zoo give me a shout and we can meet you and you can have lunch at my house - we have an extra highchair for visitors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also pleasantly surprised with the Stone Zoo. I wish we had one closer than 90 miles away here in Charlotte! Cameron loved the monkey exhibit, especially when one of them took a big dump while we were watching. Hey, "Everyone Poops" right?

    ReplyDelete