
Monday mornings are tough for Mom nowadays. We formerly went to Gymboree Open Gym, which was a good way to get energy out of the little man, but now can no longer go. He runs around and weaves in and out of the big kids so fast that super-large and tired Mommy can no longer keep up. I think Open Gym's should be age segregated. Why is your 4 year old bratty daughter bullying my little man? She should be in pre-school!

Anywho, to avoid the craziness this morning, I let the little man watch a little too much Mickey (he actually said "One more peease" today, which as far as I am concerned gets you 50 more if you want it...) and then we got in the car to go grocery shopping. I decided to take the long way and show him the ocean, as we had lots of time to kill.

Though they said it would be 80 degrees today, this morning it was rainy and 50. But the beach still looked fun. Though I knew I was either going to regret it big time or be really psyched about it, we made the executive decision to pull over and go to the North Hampton State Beach. I can only imagine this is a huge zoo in the summer months, but it was nice and quiet today. I could not find any parking meters and there was tons of parking, so away we went. The little man loved to point out the birds, and walk around.

We tried to get some good photos of us, as I have not taken one in a while. I feel like I look really old now. Thinning hair, pale white skin, wrinkles and a general tired nature. Will this all be permanent after Deuce is born? I hope not! As you can see, the little man is as adorable as ever. He unfortunately had a bit of a tantrum when it was time to leave. I thought we were doing so well. He was saying "Bye Beach; Bye Bird; Bye Water" - so we go to get in the car and massive freak-out. I guess it is his way or reminding me that he is boss.

He did lighten up BIG time and had a ball at the supermarket. We have a new Fresh Market (a local version of Whole Foods) near us and the people are in love with Joel Andrew. He was saying "Hello" "Peease" and "Tank Yoouu" like crazy. They love him there so much, I wonder if I can leave him there next time and go get my nails done? Now nap time almost over, what do we do until Dad gets home?
We have Fresh Markets in Charlotte...I guess that's why we don't have any Whole Foods? When parents don't pay attention to their kids it drives me nuts. Plus, to be frank, I don't really like any other kid but my own and a few others (read: family and friends) so I have zero tolerance for that stuff.
ReplyDeleteYou are so close to meeting #2! Congrats! Do you have a name picked out?
Ha! Stacey, I am so glad you said that! We went to the park yesterday afternoon and these two moms were chatting. One of their daughter's kept coming up to me and asking if she could play with Joel Andrew since her Mom wouldn't play with her. She was 4. Joel Andrew is barely 2. I was so sick of it that I just said, "Go ask your mom again to play with you!" I agree! I am there to play with my kid, they should be there to play with theirs!
ReplyDelete