
Here are some photos of Joel Andrew's new big boy room. Actually, it is not that new. I think when I was three weeks pregnant and did not know it yet I suddenly had this urge to move him to a new room. In one day when Joel Husband was at work, Joel Andrew and I moved all of his furniture (except for the crib, couldn't make that happen) down the hall to his new room by ourselves. Clearly this was just me moving things. And clearly I must have had some motivation to be taking on such a tremendous project with a 1 year old under foot. This also required me to move things that were in Joel Andrew's room down a flight of stairs, including a trundle bed. I did it though. My secret, underwear. Put underwear under the corners of furniture and slide on the hardwood floors.

Anyway, bad idea aside, Joel Andrew has been in his new room for a while now. The way our house is set up, his new room was practically the same layout as his old nursery, so I don't think he even noticed. The nursery was off of our room, so we could not watch tv at night or make a sound in the mornings or else the bugger would wake up. A trip to the bathroom at 5am was not a good plan unless you wanted to wake him up. So, quickly I knew we needed to move him down the hall. I also wanted a place to store toys downstairs so we made the nursery an office. It is nice, my little master quite with an office off the side. It is purple, I love the color. But, back to Joel Andrew's room.

We made it a sports theme. Joel Husband had this sports lamp since he was little and he wanted it to be in Joel Andrew's room, alas the theme was born. Pottery Barn Kids had some good sales on curtains and sheets, and we are there. I put out my Johnny Pesky signed baseball, bought a rather expensive but nonetheless very cute baseball bat corkboard (which is not pictured, sorry I forgot that angle), and the handmade quilt Aunt Ruth made for Joel Andrew with baseballs everywhere. Not to pigeonhole the little dude though, we also have some hockey, football and basketball accents.
The room is carpeted which is nice, it is the biggest bedroom we have (besides the master, of course), and it has two double closets that Dad custom designed, painted and installed. One for toys and such and one for clothes. I think it is pretty swanky. Deuce does get some more amenities... But hopefully they will not recognize this for many years.
Actually, since they are so close in age, we have toyed with the idea of getting our guest rooms back and putting the two together in Kid Town. This would require moving Man Town to the basement, but would give the boys a huge room to share. But, that is down the line... Gotta get Deuce out first!
No comments:
Post a Comment