Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thanks Grammie and Grumpy

This week Grammie and Grumpy visited. Grumpy went home a little early to go to work (work, what's that?) - while Grammie hung out. Joel Andrew and I were spoiled. Grumpy played with the little man, I napped. Grammie made gourmet dinners, I napped some more.

The kicker, we continue to keep Joel Andrew in Day Care three days a week. Here is the crazy rationale for this:
A.) My daycare is really affordable. $135 for three days a week. i know, not small potatoes, but compared to the other day cares we looked at for $200 + we figure we have some wiggle room for a bit to cover some extra weeks.
B.) He LOVES it! He loves the interaction, has been learning a lot, and the structure is pretty good for him. He is currently the only man in his "class" and the ladies love him. He is the king of the roost!
C.) I am tired, 9 months pregnant, and am not sure I can keep my busy guy occupied all by my lonesome. I know, this is weak. But he is constant (what toddler isn't?). One of my biggest, and scariest things about leaving my job again was knowing that the kiddo and I would be staring at each other 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. How do I keep him occupied, and his brother too for that matter?
D.) When Deuce arrives, I will have bonding time with Deuce while Joel Andrew goes to "school." I will be able to go on long walks with Deuce (Joel Andrew will not touch the stroller these days), which I will need to do to loose Deuce weight. I can go to Deuce Dr. appts without needing to occupy a toddler too. Maybe I can even take Deuce to that kiddo massage class I took Joel Andrew too.
E.) If we take Joel Andrew out of daycare, we loose the spot. It is so affordable and he loves it, so why change his routine? I hope to go back to work again after Deuce and I have had some bonding time, so this is just temporary. Keeping Joel Andrew in not only secures his spot, but Deuce's spot as well. Ah, the dilemma?

We will see how long it lasts though. I miss my guy, and summer is coming...with lots of opportunities to get out and about, why keep him in care? We have to pay a minimum of 3 days a week, maybe he will just go 2? Eh, waste... Hmmm. I guess we will see what happens when Deuce comes.

So, this was the first week he was in daycare and I was at home, and Grammie was here too. Grammie and I went shopping, and out to lunch. We napped. It was heaven. We took out every stitch of clothing Joel Andrew owned, sorted them into sizes, cleaned them and stocked Deuce's closet as well as rightfully put them back in storage for future use (instead of the big messy piles I had earlier). This was quite a task, with 7 huge bins filled to the brim with clothes! We cleaned the old car seat, swing, bouncy seat. Lots of stuff!

In other news, the kiddo is talking up a storm lately. He can barely say "Grammie" and prefers to say "Am-Ma" for my mother, which is cute. He tries to say "Grumpy" and it comes out all sorts of hysterical things, including "Lumpy" "Dumpy" and "Bumpy." He is constantly saying "Mommy" which is adorable, but it is constant. But it is adorable.

Today I dropped Grammie off at the airport and then did not know what to do. I was supposed to have lunch with my fellow preggo, Lauren (Declan's Mom) but as she is due tomorrow she is in no condition for a visit. She is ready to be two people. I totally get it, I am almost there and I still have 2-1/2 - 4 -1/2 weeks to go depending on who you talk to!

Tomorrow Gymboree with the kiddo, maybe the last time (summer is coming, more things to do that do not cost money), we will see how I fare. I might be missing my day of leisure today! Bring on the good weather this weekend, and hopefully some fun trips for the whole family to the park, maybe the zoo, and even the beach!

1 comment:

  1. So happy you decided to keep J in daycare! Like I said in a previous comment if you can afford it, DO IT!! My mom is coming to visit on Thursday and I can't wait for the shopping and organizing she will bring into my life for a few days. I'm taking off Friday to replenish my wardrobe with thin(ner) clothes. Yay!

    ReplyDelete