Saturday, April 30, 2011

Just InDEUCE Me

I am going to stop whining already, as it appears not to be working. I have resigned myself to the fact that I just have to wait. This kid is going to need to be cut out of me, he is too comfy in there. In all seriousness, it is medically impossible for my due date to be later than May 2nd - unless I am carrying the next Jesus... So I still argue with the midwives who have it in for me to wait until 2 weeks past May 8th. I am just slightly worried that I am going to have to have a big time argument with them soon. Isn't it bad to wait too long?

Anywho, trying to be a bit more relaxed about it now. He is going to come when they finally decide to go in there and get him. So, in actuality this realization has made me a bit more relaxed. I do not question every little thing now, "ooh, could this be it?" because I have convinced myself that no, it is not it. I am thinking May 10 is the day I will finally convince them to go in and get him, or switch to a Dr.

I have been doing some crazy things to see if it can hurry him along. I mean, what Mom would not want a kiddo born in April so they could then be lavished with diamonds forever? Here are some tips and tricks I found on the internet, on Ellen, and through friends. Do you guys have any more? Clearly none have worked thus far, but they do apparently work for others!

The Salad: There is a restaurant in California that has a salad on it's menu that is said to induce labor. They will even show extremely pregnant women a book of letters, photos and such of all the women who went into labor within 24 hours of eating this salad. Ellen mentioned it to Mariah Carey's husband (she is expecting twins at any moment). Naturally, I needed to buy it right away. They FedExed it to me. Got here yesterday. I ran out to the supermarket to buy the remainder of the salad ingredients, including Watercress. Made it, ate it. Nothing. At least the dressing was good. More information on it can be found here.

Lemon Drop Cupcakes: There is a bakery in Virginia that supplies these. They do not deliver however. So, we winged it and found what we think was the recipe online. Mom made them a few days ago. I have been eating at least 3 mini-cupcakes a day for the past three days. Hasn't worked either, obviously.

Walking: I have been walking a little bit, or cleaning, or running after Joel Andrew, or shopping. Trying to keep busy. I think this does nothing, but hopefully help fend off all the random eating I have been doing... In all honesty I get a lot of rest too which is nice. Maybe I will go for an extra-long walk today. But I do not expect results.

Spicy food: I ate Korean on Wednesday (delicious by the way), and have been trying to get some spicy things in here and there. Honestly, does not give me anything but heartburn. But in a related note:

Indian Food: Here is the spicy food (which can simultaneously be cooled with a mango lassi), and also the Rose water. I keep reading Rose Water helps and supposedly it is a big ingredient in Indian desserts. Tuesday Mom and I have a date at an Indian restaurant. More eating.

So, that is all for now. I am just going to continue plugging away. I have some fun things planned for next week, by next weekend the entire family will be here staring at me. Deuce, I hope this means that although you will be stubborn, you will also be relaxed and a good sleeper!

3 comments:

  1. What is the estimate on how big Deuce is? Waiting sucks, doesn't it? That is why I am not-so-secretly relieved that I had a scheduled c section. No muss, no fuss! But also nothing to hold over Jeremy's or Cameron's head. Sending labor vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eggplant parmesean...supposedly it works. And doing what got you here in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait - I HAVE an April baby - where are the diamonds I'm supposed to be lavished with? :-)

    Here's to a low-key, healthy birth whenever Deuce does decide to make his appearance!

    ReplyDelete