Today was my last day alone with the little guy for who knows how long. This is because tomorrow he starts his week off at daycare, and by the time that is over Grammie and Grumpy will be here. They are coming back for good until Deuce arrives. Which naturally means that Deuce will probably not arrive for like 8 more weeks.
So I decided we needed to get out and about. When he was just a little baby I brought Joel Andrew here, to the State Park portion - Odiorne State Park. I would link that post here but can't figure out how to find it... Anyway, we strolled along a nice path to get to the ocean, and this area - where there is the Seacoast Science Center, some nature trails, the water - beautiful views of some islands, and an awesome park with slides and swings for all ages.
We had been to the Science Center once before too. (again, would link that, but can't find it...). It is a great small Museum/Aquarium. They have a room with some tanks - flounders, a Lionfish, some bass, a seahorse. There is also a touch tank (which I have managed to stay away from thus far), a little kid reading room, and an additional exhibit area with simulation captain's ship for lots of button pushing. It is designed for littles. It is certainly not very extensive. $5 gets adults in, kids under 3 are free; but you can make a whole day of it by visiting the Museum, then going on the nature trails, picnicking at the ocean and playing on the swing sets.
So, as per usual, he had a blast. I have learned to just follow him, though it is hard. I generally like to keep to my schedule. I said to myself, ok - 30 minutes for the Museum, 30 minutes for the park. I had to remind myself that if they kiddo wants to spend an extra 25 minutes climbing on benches, looking at the ocean and pointing out birds, then so be it! As long as he is entertained! And, he certainly was.
So, this summer, in August - every Monday we will be going back for a summer program, where they take under 3's to the beach, build sandcastles, look for stuff in the sand, all that fun stuff. I hope we get in. Now that I took the registration sheet home I am worried I should have signed up on the spot! To learn more about this fun place, click here. We had a great day, and are getting in for a late nap now... I hope he remembers how much fun his Mom is when she is all stressed out with Deuce!

No comments:
Post a Comment