I have been doing the math over and over in my head. Guessing a due date is always a crap shoot for me as I am not your average girl (will reserve full details as I know there are some men out there who read my post and do not need to know all that much about me!). Anyway, the ultrasounds I have had for Deuce have ranged from saying April 28th - May 8th. If you went by the calendars online it would be April 28th. But, because I am not average, and the FIRST ultrasound said May 8th, my midwives are sticking with May 8th as a due date. Boo.
Joel Andrew came two weeks early, from the midwives' date of August 3rd. So, if Deuce were to follow suit, then he should be here this weekend. I thought he might even come earlier than that! Right, second baby? Nope. Just went to the Dr today, and of course they said: "we have been known to be wrong before, but it looks like you are in it for the long haul."
I guess I should just relax and enjoy the quiet time. My parents arrive tomorrow which is fun, but also a bummer. I have a feeling, that if Deuce does not come for three more weeks, that we are going to need to occupy Hedy somehow. Maybe I can make her go up to Maine and open up our cabin? Mean daughter. But it looks like the thing that I did not want to happen most is about to happen, lots of people watching me, waiting for me to pop.
In other news, I realize more and more that Deuce has a lot to live up to with his brother being as almost perfect as he is... Sure Joel Andrew is a ball of energy that cannot be stopped. Sure he is stubborn like his Dad and has been known to throw epic tantrums (like his Mom). But all in all he is a good guy. Some recent examples of this include:
- He says "I love you" to us, all the time. And gives great hugs and kisses.
- He sleeps like a champ. I am hoping this was our upbringing and not his nature, and that Deuce will just follow suit... But he really is an excellent sleeper. 12 hours every night, 2-3 hour naps during the day. PASSED OUT sleeping. Even when sick.
- He is tough. He has a double ear infection, which I think was brought on by back molars coming in/ a cold, and he does not care. No whining. Maybe an extra tantrum or two but that is it. He LOVES to take his medicine which is also funny. We actually use it as a bribe. "After you brush your teeth you can have bubble gum..."
- He is very smart. He already counts to 10!
This is probably why Deuce is not arriving yet. He is already intimidated by sibling competition that his mother is creating. I do not mean to do that at all and I know this is something I will have to watch out for, but I can't help but wonder how different their personalities might be. Maybe Deuce will be chill, not so crazy, more quiet and eat well? Maybe he will be a terrible sleeper. Ouch. Maybe he will be a genius? Who knows, get out already so we can tell!
In other news, we have a name. It is done. We will tell you when he comes out though... It has been on our list for a while now it just took us until now to know it was the one.
No comments:
Post a Comment