Sunday, March 13, 2011

Signs of Spring

I know it is too early. It is not over yet. We are definately in for one more wallop of snow, but since it is almost melted off our lawn, and it was about 45 degrees for two days in a row now, it feels like Spring! Daylight savings is cinching it too - sunny at dinner time? What a difference!

Joel husband went to the movies with Uncle Tim today, so after the little guy woke up from his nap we decided to get out and about. I tried to get galoshes, but could not find an open store. Then I thought, why not try the parks anyway. Let me tell you, local Moms, Kensington is not ready yet. Snow all over the parking lot and the gate is closed. We gave the park in Exeter, next to the pool a try, and it is semi-ready, or ready enough.

As you can tell, he had a ball. He ran right into the place laughing and smiling, as if to say "I remember this, I LOVE this!" I had to hold his hands over the snow piles, in fact probably better now than in a week or two when it is all mud - but there is a lot to climb on off the ground so we were busy, outdoors, for about an hour. It was wonderful.

Dad came and met us, just as he spotted the swing. That was probably the happiest I have ever seen the little guy. He loves the swing! But only for about 30 seconds, then he says very politely: "all done..." We made him "walk the plank" a few times, which was his favorite. Unfortunately it resulted in the biggest splinter I have ever since in his little thumb, but the kid did not even wince when we took it out. Neo-to-go is finally being put to good use, I think it will be quite popular this summer in fact.
See the boys in the twin haircuts... too cute. It was a fun outing, and is really making me look forward to summer. Joel Andrew will really get a lot out of the parks this year, which is great. I am hoping Deuce will be portable in the Bjorn and we can get out and go daily. Spring and summer, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment