Friday, November 18, 2011

Children's Museum of New Hampshire

Today instead of going to Gymboree we went to the Children's Museum of New Hampshire, which is in Dover (formerly the Portsmouth Children's Museum). It was believe it or not, our first time there. Joel Andrew had been with Nana and Pa in the past. But it was the first time for Mommy and James.

We went right upstairs to the 0-3 area. Local friends told us of the awesome train table. Joel Andrew was having none of any of it at the beginning, so we had to walk around, get acquainted, and then finally Mommy explained either he gets with the program or we go home. And, then he had a great time! The train table area was perfect for us, I could put Baby James down and he could explore in the infant corner, while Joel Andrew could play with the trains.
The remainder of the Museum was also great, and will be key in a year or two when they can both wander around. The art center was fully stocked and would have been awesome had Mommy had a hand free to help with the craft. It was very clean, parking was very easy, and the restrooms were nice. I was sad there were no strollers allowed, but I think if I just adjusted accordingly and did not carry such a big bag, we would have been ok.
The good news is that I bought an ASTC-ACM membership for $120. This means that this year we will get into this Museum ($18 cost); the Children's Museum, Boston; the Museum of Science, Boston; The Discovery Museums, Acton; The Children's Museum and Theater, Portland; The See Science Center; and a bunch of places in Chicago for when we visit my parents. I figure it is well worth the money! Between this and our Zoo membership that has lots of reciprocity (50% though here), we are good for a while with our excursions.

No comments:

Post a Comment