Thursday, April 19, 2012

Stop Fast Forwarding

We had a great night yesterday.  I have been sad and missing my boys at work, and Joel Husband has been in Canada, so I have been swamped trying to keep things organized, keep kids fed, keep things going, etc.  But last night I decided that the only tasks were for us to eat, party and go to bed.

This was awesome.  We picked up food from my favorite Thai place, the women there LOVE the boys.  Take them behind the counter.  Joel Andrew was a little skeptical, but he loved it too.  When we got home, the boys wanted to play outside, so dinner could wait.  We played on the swing set, I had both boys swinging at once.  There was lots of laughs.

We ate dinner, and it was surprisingly painless.  In fact, the only pain was that they loved things so much that Mommy didn't get a bite of shumai, and Joel Andrew now wants to always dip his chicken in peanut butter (peanut sauce).

Then we had a Dance Party.  We went crazy to Beyonce's Single Ladies, a few Lady Gaga songs, and the Hop version of "I want candy."  Good times.  I am pretty sure that when Joel Husband sees this video, he will no longer be going to Canada.

It was a really nice night, where I felt I had time to connect with the boys.  I do miss our daily adventures though, a little bit.

1 comment:

  1. I love kid dance parties!

    Looks like a fun night :-).

    ReplyDelete