Sunday, April 1, 2012

First Easter - walking, cursing and pooping


Today we had Easter part one. At our house, since next weekend we will be at my in-laws house for the holiday.  As you can see, the egg hunt was awesome.  Joel Andrew was super psyched.  We had explained to him that the Easter bunny was coming early the night before - and to extra bring the point home, watched the movie Hop (which my husband actually bought, and I am still undecided on. It is certainly no Despicable Me).  So, Joel Andrew was all set.


I went in to get him this morning, and he kept saying: "do we get to go see the bunny?"  It took me a while to get through to him that the bunny comes, and leaves, and does not hang out.  I kept saying he is like Santa Claus.  Joel Andrew now thinks "the bunny" and Santa Claus are tight.  I guess they maybe...


It was a while to get Joel to chill out while we fed Baby James the bottle, and before long Joel went crazy wanting to go get the eggs.  The bunny only basically hid them again this year, and I think next year we have to step it up a notch (perhaps even go outside - which is crazy to me, we are in New England, it was like 30 this morning). Anyway, Joel Andrew got most of them in about two minutes.  James actually found one as well!


James, is wearing a "big brother" shirt because it is April 1st.  I thought it would be funny to post a photo on Facebook with James wearing that shirt, and then, in the comments line say: "April fools."  So far I have only received one text with screams of "your pregnant again!" and then I had to reevaluate my joke.  Seeing as I just started work again I am not sure they would love me announcing pregnancy, albeit fake, two weeks into the job.  That, and it is sure to get to my in-laws or my parents as a "true story" from their crazy friends who do not understand Facebook.  But then I got lazy, and now I have just sat back, watched people like this photo on Facebook, and can pretty much guarantee 1/2 of them think I was not joking... Ha!  That will be fun to explain later!


Anywho, sidebar over, Baby James is walking, everywhere now.  Across rooms, to pick up toys and continue on carrying them.  I almost have two toddlers.  Well, I guess now that Joel Andrew is out of diapers, I have a toddler and a preschooler.  Scary.

 Now, I shall leave this post, which has been all over the map, on one last story.  On my eldest, saying to me tonight at dinner: "I shit my pants."  This, was of course, after my husband exclaimed the same thing.  I went out to go to a friends, one of those parties where they supply you with booze and you are obliged to buy some jewelry, purses, preppy clothes, or tupperware (you name it) so the hostess can get some for free (which I am all for, I am holding my cards and one day I am going to get a ton of free stuff when I call back on everyone).  Ironically, one of our topics of conversation was kids and cursing.  I was horrified to hear that others children had been cursing and even worse so to hear that the general reaction from parents is to try so hard not to laugh, but it is too difficult not to laugh when your toddler is trying to say the f word.  Anyway, I should have known, that when I got home, a cursing toddler would be waiting for me.
 Though, not directly.  First there was a cursing husband.  Joel Andrew has been doing really well with the potty training, but we have to be really good about remembering to put him on the potty.  Today, Joel Andrew shit his pants.  All over the carpet too (the one I took photos of him on as a baby to boot!).  Joel Husband was none too pleased and almost needed a Daddy time out (can you blame him?) - all this happened of course as I walked in the door from my relaxing afternoon.  Anyway, recounting this horror later at dinner, Joel Husband let the term slip in a moment of gaiety, and Joel Andrew caught on.  Now we all know, only babies shit their pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment