Saturday, April 28, 2012
Bonkers Fun House
In an attempt to recapture my before working full-time days, today we went to the Zoo, followed by Bonkers Fun House. The Zoo was, as usual, awesome for the little guys. We really need to soak it up as much as possible because in two years Joel Andrew is going to be completely bored by it... Joel Andrew loves the eagle the most, and I think that is because every time we see the eagle I make such a big fuss. We go over and over what eagle's eat. And we say hi. When we are done with the zoo, Joel Andrew asks to say bye to the eagle. So cute.
The otter is also awesome. And, I love how totally unprompted Joel Andrew will stand on one leg as soon as he sees the flamingos now. I think the new tradition he got from this visit, was screaming when we see the snakes. Mommy screamed and said snacks are yucky, so Joelie followed. I hope we continue this because I do not want a snake in my house ever...
Baby James loved the zoo. I finally remembered that I bought the snack tray attachment for the pupa baby, so we broke it out and it was a huge hit! He sat there as content as can be the whole time. Randomly I would put a pretzel or two on his tray, and he was happy.
After the zoo we went to Bonkers Fun House. This was at Joel Husband's suggestion, of course. Think Chuck E. Cheese, so immediately germie Mommy was freaked out. But the food was actually better than Chuck E's, more variety (I wouldn't call it gourmet by any means, but I could have gotten a decent salad if I wanted). There was a huge obstacle course in the middle of the space, which we are guessing was a roller rink in the 70's, converted to Bonkers in the 80s and stayed that way ever since.
You totally know what I am talking about if you are from New England, it is right off of 95 in Peabody, you may pass by the enormous sign from the highway all the time. They had amusement park type rides in there too - for $15 a bracelet gets you in and out of the rides and maze all day. There is also skee ball, etc. I am thinking that maybe Joel Andrew's 4th birthday - a great place. Parents can sit and chat while kids are virtually locked into the big play pen for hours of enjoyment.
So, I guess I am nearing being over my germie thing, just in time too with two boys. Baby James even loves Bonkers, he walked around like he owned the place. There was even a toddler area for him to bounce around in, though it was overrun with 4 year olds, he held up just fine. Let's hope everyone gets a nap now. What to do tomorrow...?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment