It has been a tough week for the Williams.Mommy started work, which would be fantastic, except there is a lot of running around like crazy already, as Baby James has been sick and with a fever cannot go to daycare. The fever was up towards 105 this weekend, and although I harassed my Dr (actually the answering service, I am quite annoyed that they have such an annoying answering service and refuse to speak with their patients) I was told there was nothing to do but ride it out. During these situations in the past, I would always say: "what do the working Moms do?" Well, now I know. We freak out, we work late on Friday night to make up for missed Friday morning, we plead for sympathy from our coworkers (mine are great, by the way) and we sob in our driveway. Well, at least that is what I did. And, James woke up feeling better today! Let's hope this sticks.
Here are some photos from last weekend. I just find that it is difficult and no fun to take photos of sick kids, so we are a little behind on the photo department at present.
The other big news of the week - despite having awful fevers and passing out all over the place - from the couch to the floor to Mommy... - Baby James has decided to start walking! The little man will now walk up to four or five steps between things. Between the couch and Mommy, the chair and the couch, Daddy and the chair - and tonight, between Daddy and Joel Andrew and I. So priceless to see James so happy walking to his big brother, and to have Joel Andrew catch him in a big hug. Super cute.
We have to get through this week, which I hope will get rid of the bugs in this house once and for all - and then next week it is our trip to Hilton Head! Just 9 days left until my most hated flight of the year...But then a fun trip will await, with hopefully no illnesses? I hope...



No comments:
Post a Comment