Thursday, March 22, 2012

Horrible No Good Day

Yesterday was a horrible no good day.  To put things in perspective, no one was hurt, nothing truly bad happened.  But lots of things were hurt and nerves were frayed.

That being said, I did start work on Monday, and I love being back!  (so far).  But, it is nice to get dressed up, to have adult conversations, to have something to worry about other than dirty laundry. This was a momentous day as well as it was the first day Joel Andrew wore big boy underwear.  And, so far only one accident!  (which will be detailed below).  So, I just wanted to get this in, that I am enjoying my time back at work (so far) before you read about yesterday, the terrible no good day.

Ah, so the terrible no good day.  Wednesday. I woke up sick.  Super sick.  Ama was sick in Chicago, Joel Andrew has been sick, they told me his classmates have had an pneumonia.  James had a little bit of the bug and Joel Husband had been nursing this cold for weeks.  But I had avoided it, until now.  I woke up Wednesday a mess.  I gagged and coughed for 15 minutes in the shower.  I stumbled to get ready.  A mess.  Which was a shame because I had such a cute dress to wear with the unseasonably warm weather (80 degrees in March, really?).

Anyway, I got ready to leave anyway.  Joel Husband and I of course ended up arguing over who knows what and I was a mess running out the door.  I get in my car to leave and pull out, slamming my side view mirror into the garage door with such force it shatters the mirror and breaks the mirror frame.  Awesome.  Then I sat in my now broken car in the driveway and sobbed for a while.

Upon going back into the house I saw Joel Husband trying to get the boys ready for school.  James was hacking away and Joel Andrew was no where to be seen.  He was hiding, in the fancy living room.  I asked him to come out and he said in a low sad voice "my pants are dirty."  How is someone supposed to say they have to go poop on the potty when their parents are arguing and ruining their car and snotting all over the place?  Poor guy.  We changed him, Husband took them to school, and I sat at home like a lost puppy.

I called my boss to tell her that I would not be coming in on my third day of work.  Awesome.  She could hear it in my voice though, I was a mess.  I made Dr appointments for me and Baby James and called in a friend who has a body shop for my car.  All should be fixed, for under $400, this weekend.  It is not so bad.

I did manage to get a few hours of work in, and found it to be eerily awesome that while waiting in the Doctor's office I answered about 4 emails for work on my phone.  Scary and productive at the same time. Baby James came home with me and we both took a nice nap in the afternoon.  Verdict: we have to suck up these colds, go about our normal routines and wash our hands.  Baby James also has another double ear infection.  We are going to our Dr next week to discuss.  I have an inkling that he has never gotten rid of his ear infections since January.  I am smelling tubes in our future.

As the day came to a close, still sick though, I decided as soon as James was sleeping, I too would go to bed for the night.  Joel Andrew came up to "tuck me in" and he and I were hanging out in my bed when Joel Husband came in and also got in bed to "tuck me in" - then the whole bed collapsed to the ground.  Gone was my sleeping before 8pm, and hello was the annoying task of taking the bed apart and putting it somewhere out of toddler and baby reach.  1/2 hour later and I was sleeping in the bed on the floor, college style.  I am looking forward to buying new bedroom furniture now.

Working from home on Thursday to avoid scaring my co-workers with this horrid cold.  But hoping that the fact that I got it last, and it came on like a lion, means it will also leave quickly as well.  I am already feeling a ton better today (like I won't be crashing any cars today better, I hope...).

No comments:

Post a Comment