Joel Husband and I are flattered, overwhelmed and excited to be chosen as Colin's godparents. It was a no-brainer when we were asked, but there was some thought seeing as I have not been the most Catholic person in the past 15 years. I was brought up to be Catholic, I was baptized, communion, confirmation, the whole nine yards. I have even visited the Vatican multiple times and had my cross blessed by popes, etc. However, I have not been too happy with the way the church has treated some of my friends and thus I have stepped back. We didn't get married in the church, mostly as a revolt (ok, some of it had to do with wanting the ceremony to only be 5 minutes and five feet from the bar), and we didn't baptize either of our children. Aside from weddings and a funeral, I hadn't set foot in a church in years.
However, here we are. Either Lauren and Brian really like us; or it is their third and they are too exhausted to think this decision through; or they are trying to have us have some responsibility for their son so that if and when we go on big vacations together we are all responsible for the "extra child" - we have been named said child's godparents. And let me tell you, said child is a dream. He is the best baby that ever existed. He is a delight. You may think it is too early to tell, or I am being clouded by my stature, but this is not the case at all. This kid is the best, and he will always be the best. (in general, not compared to anyone, just in general, don't want to put anyone else down including my own children, but seriously, when Declan and Joel and James and Nolan and Colin are hanging out, I have my money on one kid)...
We are so excited to be apart of the King family in this way. The King family is an awesome family filled with lots of cousins and fun. After the ceremony we went back to the King house where lots and lots of cousins had fun and so did our boys. It is a wonderful crowd to be apart of, and we are so thankful that we were chosen to be apart of it. Now, I must go be a good spiritual leader for Colin... The poor guy...


No comments:
Post a Comment