Thursday, September 26, 2013

Exeter Bowling Lanes

Joel Husband got a Groupon or something like it for the Exeter Bowling Lanes.  I have heard a lot about this place from my work.  People have very strong opinions of the place.  It is your classic bowling/pool hall.  A place I actually want to go to on a Saturday night.  $4 drafts, for the expensive kind of beer (they had a good selection) - sounds a little pricey for the atmosphere, but I guess that is just the price of bananas these days.  I remember 25cent beer night in college.  Those were the days.

Anyway, we brought the boys, and they actually played really well.  I think part of the trick of small ball (yes, this is New England bowling people) - is that you can't just chuck the ball down the lane.  Sometimes slower is better.  The boys scored pretty well.  All of them.  But, with two strikes, Mommy won.  Daddy pointed out I needed the bumpers to get my great score, but I figure it is all apart of the game.

Just about the last frame James had enough and was done.  He became Mr. Fidget Midget and that was it.  Not bad, considering we only made it to hole 8 of mini-golf this past year.  I'd say it was an improvement.

On the way in...  I forgot to tell you.  James was having a tantrum because he did not want to hold my hand in the lot.  I patiently gave him an option.  I told him he has to be safe where there are cars, and he can either hold my hand, or be carried.  He calmed and asked to be carried.  The woman smoking a butt on the entry stairs (yes, I tell you, classy) - said that she wished she was back at that moment with her kids.  I think I totally surprised her.  She expected me to look at her exhausted and say something like I can't wait until he is older.  I instead said: "I want to bottle him up and keep him like this forever."  (I meant it too).  She responded: "Good for you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment