We had a nice little Sunday. There was no Home Depot, there was not enough time. But, there was lots of socialization, party, fun and chores done. It was nice to have a full weekend at home, no driving to another place, no packing food up and cleaning another place - just being home. Lovely.
We started out by all waking up past 8:30, leisurely watching TV, playing with toys and eating breakfast before going to Party #1, at our neighbors house. It was Epic! A tailgate in their driveway before the first Patriot's game. Everyone brought delicious food, and the King buffalo chicken dip was a huge hit. The boys loved riding around in the neighbors John Deere truck. Not an adult free task mind you, someone needed to run around with them at all times to ensure there was no tipping. Joel Andrew is very good at backing up.
Once the game was on, and we had our first touchdown Joel Husband high-tailed it home to watch in the comfort of his own seats. He does not watch the game well at other's homes. I was tired and thought I would take a nap but then quickly realized that I was about to let another year of the Hampton Beach Seafood Festival slip by me - so I took Joel Andrew and we went, and it was awesome. If you go next year, go on a Sunday during a Patriots game, there was no traffic, we parked right next to the entrance, and we had no line to get in. The food tents were mobbed, but Joel and I managed well. We got to ride the kiddie train, play in the playground, but by the time we got to the Disney sponsored "Kiddieland" it was already packing up. Joel Andrew refused to enjoy it anyway, he was missing his dancing buddy Poppy, who is away at college now.
We shared a whoppie pie, Joel got some french fries and I had some lobster tails. It wasn't the "gourmet" experience one may think, they should probably call it the fried food festival! And, each tent had it's own long line, so if you wanted something from here and something from there it would be a mess and take forever. If you wanted to drink with it, then you had to coordinate everything and go into a whole different tent. I guess this is just the way a Festival is, I should know!
We got home, did some chores and had a late dinner before going to bed by 8:30. It was a nice day. And, it meant Monday we could wake up at home and have an adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment