Tonight, instead of watching a movie before bedtime, I tried a board game. Tuesday night, Board game night, right? A new tradition? Also, I patronized my local small business - walking through downtown Exeter I saw this game, Feed the Woozle, in the WhirlyGig's kids store and I had to buy it. Finally, it was not an impulse buy as I have walked by it at least once a week all summer long and did not buy it. So, pretty much, today I am awesome, non-impulsive, well thought-out, educational for my kids, green, and economist and super mom. This is a big deal for me as I do not put notes in my kids lunch box nor have I yet taken first day of school photos for my kids (they are not in school yet... but as per peer pressure I probably will have a post tomorrow with the first day of school photos). Alas.
Feed the Woozle. $20. Probably a waste, but we all loved it. James, Joel Andrew and I all sat, played, took turns. Joel AND James learned to read the numbers off the dice (yeah only 1, 2, 3 - but still) and we all had a good time. We played three rounds, each time having a different member of the family start the round. We counted, we cheered each other on. It was epic bonding and parenting time by me. Yes, $20 was worth it.
Perhaps the start for me to be more involved, less let's watch a movie? Not sure... This did come after James had crazy melt downs all day - and needed to be picked up early from daycare, brought to the Dr who was no help - "maybe he has strep, no, probably just getting his molars..." These molars better come in quick as the baby man is a mess. He screamed his entire way through Applecrest when I tried to get the kid vanilla ice cream. Shouldn't that help?
Alas, tomorrow is a new day - the first day of school? Do you think they will want to play Feed the Woozle again? What board games do you play with your little guys?
No comments:
Post a Comment