Monday, September 30, 2013
Apple Picking
Each year I say i am going to stay away and avoid the apple picking place in our town on the weekends, and each year I go. We did have a good time picking apples today - but the combination of the heat (we were dressed like it was the 55 degrees my car said it was, but in the sun it felt like 80), the bright sun, and the walking in fields made it so everyone was cranky. We picked apples, James ate apples. At one point I told him: "No, you cannot take a bite out of every apple before you put it into the bag." Passersby thought this was awesome.
This was a tough go though, trapsing through the fields. What's worse is I estimated it would be quicker to walk to our car to deposit the heavy bags of apples than to take the tractor back - I was kinda wrong. By the time we got the apples in the car and started off for the place again, it was all over. Everyone was tired and cranky. We will try again in late fall, when I think they have their Storybook hayrides. I didn't see any yesterday.
No off for a Monday with my boys, it is gloomy out. What to do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment