I have a new Alarm Clock, and his name is Joel Andrew. He does not have an alarm clock, and does not yet know how to tell time (I think...). So it is quite remarkable that every morning at 7:05am he wakes up and comes walking down the hallway to my bedroom. I can hear him do this, I pretend to keep sleeping, so he then quietly walks back to his room and shuts the door, and plays quietly.
He also comes with a sleep button, you see. Because exactly ten minutes later he will come out of his room again and walk down the hallway, back into my room and quietly stand there to see if I am still sleeping. After he determines I am still asleep, he quietly goes back to his room to play again. How long will he do this for? Not sure exactly. On Sunday I made it until 8:30am before I gave up and got up with him. Pretty funny. When I finally do get up his face lights up - I would kill to be so happy in the am - and he comes in bed and gives me a big hug. Then, asks for Octonauts to come on...
As for if he can tell time or not... I think he might be able to. I am trying and trying to get him to read, to get him to spell and do all that fun stuff - almost to the point of pressure but I am also now trying to back off a bit too. However, I think the kid can read and he is just not telling me. I picked up a book the other day and he asked me to read a specific chapter, pointing at the place on the page where the chapter name was written. I asked him "which chapter again" and he said the exact name of the chapter, just as it was written: "Piglet's night light adventure." I was so shocked.. He could have just remembered, right? He totally does not read yet... right?
James, in a similar fashion, will go to the bathroom on the potty. But refuses to do this without protest. It has gotten so bad that now I think he holds all pee, all day long, and lets loose at night. No matter what sleepy diaper we use, the kid wakes up so soaked. Like buckets of pee. Not sure how well this bodes with the fact that we are moving the big boy bed to his room this week. Maybe have to keep the crib in there too, at least until this pee problem passes. (say that five times fast!)
No comments:
Post a Comment