Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The National Museum of Play


While in Rochester, we had a few minutes to kill so we went to the National Museum of Play.  Joel Husband and James are so jealous.  This place is a ton of fun.  It is huge!  They hit it big during the economic heights it seems, as each room in the place is so ridiculously expansive, you could probably double the exhibits some day no problem.  But, the expanse is nice with all the little kiddos running around for sure.


They had everything there from the Bearenstein Bears to Sesame Street, to a place to learn about how they played in the olden days (you better believe I took pictures for my museum), to a ship, a theater, a choo-choo, a carousel, a supermarket, more and more.  We only really saw half the things and I could tell Joel Andrew was overwhelmed.  He would bounce from room to room and place to place as if trying to take it all in and decide which one would be the best worth his time.


Our ASTC/ACM membership got us half off and also a discount on the butterfly room.  Joel Andrew did not love the butterfly room, in fact, he pretty much freaked out the entire time we were in there.  It was the best butterfly room I had ever been too and I was so bummed that he made us leave right away.  I was even wearing a shirt with butterflies on it!  I really wanted one to land on me. Sad!  They also had some really awesome turtles in there too.  That place was certainly worth the extra cost.


All of the fun we had, was just on the bottom floor.  The upstairs had a ton more including every arcade game you could ever imagine and exhibits on all sorts of toys through the ages.  You could spend all day here for sure, It is a gem for anyone who lives super close.  If we lived in Rochester we would certainly be members and be there weekly.  For lunch they had an old-timey diner/soda fountain.  So cool.


As with Joel, I too was distracted by all there was to offer so we both had a hard time really making the most of the experience.  I hope we will make our way back to Rochester soon though, as that place was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment