Saturday, October 26, 2013

Bringing Work Home


Today I brought work home.  The boys are on the cusp of being old enough to choose their Halloween costume, and by cusp I mean for the remainder of this year's festivities they will choose.  So, for tonight as we were going to a Halloween party where the whole family needed to be dressed, and Joel Husband was away, and I didn't want to buy a costume, I wore something from work that I was able to borrow gratis and then made the boys be a loyalist and a patriot… So, they put it on, with little argument (well, who knows, I asked Taylor our amazing babysitter to dress them since I was working and needed Taylor to watch them for a bit…  she was less than thrilled, but as she rocks, she made it happen!).

Look how cute they are.  Little Loyalist and Patriot.

We went to the party which also rocked.  It was a amazing how many people our neighbors know - kinda scares me for when we enter that school age.  Will we then start knowing this many people?  Scary!  They really decked the place out - and had a haunted path that was longer than my house growing up's entire perimeter of the property. This haunted path went from one house to the next, both set on 16 or so acres back in the woods.  We were way back there, with ghosts and lights and candles and goblins.  Joel Andrew almost freaked out.  I pulled the - you have to be brave, we are going to do things like this in Disney in a few weeks and you need to be brave.  He held it together.

James had a hard time holding it together though.  When we arrived, he was immediately put off by people in costume.  He had no recollection of doing Halloween before, and he was confused when he put his own costume on.  Then he shows up to a house where the people he knows - Bruce and Heather - are decked out head to toe in KISS outfits.  It was hysterical.  Bruce had chest hair out.  And, full on makeup.  James was FREAKED.  He cried a bit, but then got used to it, but not after staring at all the kids all night long.


There was lots of candy eating, and lots and lots of kids.  Mommy had grog, which she spilled on her petticoat and will now need to dry-clean.  The guys had a good time and on the way home Joel Andrew asked if next time he can pick his costume.  He gets it now, no longer can I pick it for him.  He said he wants to be Batman but when I told him we have Spiderman, he noted that might do.  James just wants a sword.

As I was typing this James woke up crying (it was Bruce's chest hair, I know it).  I went back to soothe him down and he immediately stopped crying and said: "I smell something, Mommy." I said, "yes, I am smelly" and he responded: "No, I smell your beer."  Well, it was wine, James - but yes, that is what you smell.  Hey, it is Saturday night and I came from a Halloween party.  Classy.


No comments:

Post a Comment