Saturday, October 26, 2013
Storybook Hayride
Today we did the Storybook hayride at Applecrest. It is put on by high school students who love theater, the proceeds go to them so that they can travel to NY to see a Broadway show and get acting classes. I pretty much wanted to give them my next paycheck.
It was clunky yes, but it was awesome. You go in the big hay cart but you get to go through a whole new part of the farm I haven't seen before. You stop every 100 or so feet and get a new storyline. We saw Humpty Dumpty fall which was a big hit with Joel Andrew, and we saw the Mad Hatter which was a big hit with me, and we saw Captain Hook which was a big hit with James. They loved it. It was down the street. It was less than $20 (though I gave them the full $20 as how could you not, these kids are awesome and need to go to NYC). It also involved cider donuts. Joel Andrew loves them. I have visions of him being a skinny 9th grader on his way to sports practice eating 20. More power to you, man!
We will have to do the ride next year again for sure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment