Joel was a dream. He was the best-behaved boy ever - and I wonder if this was because he was all by himself. He seems to be such an angel when it is just him. Makes me wonder how easy life would have been if we stopped at 1. Or, is he so easy by himself because he knows it is a special treat because he knows life with two? Who knows. Either way I am glad we have two. Just sayin'. (also I should clarify that if we just had James, he would not be easy by himself, so this is not an only child is easy statement, this is an inly Joel Andrew is easy statement).
Anywho, we drove out, Joel Andrew sat and watched movies and played games. We finally stopped in Verona, at a place called Joel's Steakhouse (where else would you stop, really?). It was kind of sketchy, kind of awesome, and most definately a fire trap. I kept my eye on the fire exits though, so we were fine. Joel Andrew loved it. There were water fountains and christmas lights, and fire pits all over the dark wooded restaurant. Lots of knick knacks and mis matched chairs. This place must be hoppin at night we thought. This was the fifth time Joel Andrew played, and lost at the crane game so far this road trip. Good times.
Once in Rochester, Joel Andrew loved the hotel. When asked later what he liked best about the whole weekend, he would respond "Hotel!" We even had breakfast in the room one day, in our PJs and that was the best thing ever to this little guy. He is certainly my guy.
While getting ready for the wedding, I was taking a shower and I come out to him - sunglasses, underwear and socks dancing around. Priceless.

No comments:
Post a Comment