Monday, November 18, 2013

4 Parks in 30 Hours and James' Magic Moment


Yep.  There is our Holiday card photo!  We made it to the Magic Kingdom finally.  You never really feel like you are at Disney until you walk down Main Street USA.  It is ridiculous how many people were there tonight, I couldn't believe it - but we managed around through Fast Pass magic to see many things, go on many rides and have some fun.


When we walked in we asked James to find the Castle.  The Castle opens every Disney or Pixar movie, and it is something the kids always shout about and love.  James pointed at all the Main Street buildings and we kept saying no, and when we finally rounded the corner and saw the Castle he got out of his stroller and pointed at it with stunned silence.  Nice.


Off to Peter Pan and James finally realized what Disney is all about.  He loved the ride, and basically had a look on his face like, I get it now.  This place doesn't just have scary large monsters who look like the characters I like on TV.  And rides that are confusing and do not make sense to me where we get wet or shot something on a screen - it has rides I can like too!  Small World or, Dolls & Boats, was his favorite.  He still wants to do the Carousel, so does Joel - Joel Husband and I have a hard time doing that as there are so many Carousel's elsewhere, but we know we will do it tomorrow.


E got our first peek at the new Fantasyland, and it is awesome.  It is huge!  The Little Mermaid ride we were told is cheap and silly, and it so is not, we loved it and there was no wait.  Only complaint, where was the Le Poission song?  Come on!

Gaston's Pub is awesome.  It looks like the Pub in the movie, James got to sit in Gaston's chair.  We ordered Lafeu's Brew, which is frozen apple juice with something on top and it was delicious.  We also ordered a lamb shank which Joel Andrew ate half of.  It was quite an awesome visit. I look forward to going back and seeing the other spots in a few days.


Joel did get scared of Pirates of the Caribbean, like I thought he would.  But, retail wins again.  We were leaving the Pirates ride, on the conveyor belt up to the exit and he just kept saying I didn't like it.  We get into the shop and he immediately wants everything.  I told him he can't get anything, he didn't like the ride!  The tune of course immediately changed and he wants to do the ride again tomorrow.


We hot footed out of there just before the parade madness started.  I am telling you, the place was swamped and I am unsure how this is possible since we are supposed to be at one of the empty weeks.  We took the monorail to EPCOT and the reason being, we do not have to wait for a bus, and we can walk through EPCOT all the way to our hotel, maybe getting a drink on the way home.  This did work really well.  We caught Illuminations which James LOVED and Joel Andrew HATED.  I walked Joel home and called him Party Pooper Joelly which really actually upset him big time.  Poor guy.  He is too nervous to enjoy fireworks.  He is 4.  What is going to happen when he is older?


Tomorrow is another big day, with no time for nap/pool which makes me a bit nervous...  In the meantime, Go Pats!

No comments:

Post a Comment