Monday, November 4, 2013

Museum of Science (Are we ready for Disney?)


Today was our day together, and we went to the Museum of Science.  No problem I thought.  We had a choice in my mind, Aquarium (membership runs out at the end of the month and it is too expensive to renew…), Children's Museum (haven't been there in forever), or the MoS.  MoS is seemingly the simplest one to visit.  Parking is in the building, you do not have to go outside to get into the Museum.  There are plenty of places to eat your lunches and snacks you bring.  And, with our ASTC/ACM membership, we get in free.


This would have all worked, except for the fact that I think everyone was a little punchy today.  We first went to go to the Discovery Center which is designed specifically for littles, and we couldn't get in.  At 10:30 on a Monday the place was "at capacity" - which is kind of ridiculous as there was not that many kids at all.  This seems to be new rules.  We needed to wait for 10 minutes, which I think was the downfall of the remainder of the day.  The kids tried as best they could to be patient for that time, but they didn't get it why we were waiting, and I didn't get it either.  Once inside, we saw things in about five minutes which made matters worse.  The water feature was broken and the puzzles were not attracting anyone.  A man was doing an awesome explanation of a honey bee, but neither of the boys were into it.  We went upstairs and played with the message tube thing.  But frankly, the Museum of Science and Industry, with the balls and the water and the machines and the crane probably ruined the boys experience here.  This was small potatoes.


We went in the simulator, which I was worried they would both freak out in, and they both loved it.  It was probably the highlight of the day - best $15 I spent!  We ate lunch and James promptly spilled his water everywhere.  But to make matters worse, he was INSISTING that the spill was not his fault.  Both Joel Andrew and I were like, "Dude, it was your fault, say you are sorry and get over it."  He was a mess for the remainder of the lunch which of course put Mommy in an even better mood.

We went to take our obligatory photo with the T-Rex, and tried to hang out in the Pixar exhibit.  Listening was not either of their fortays today which really made me freak out.  "You cannot go to Disney if you do not listen, especially when in a crowd of people."  James wanted to touch everything, climb everything, and push ever button as violently as possible forty five thousand times in a row.  I tried to calmly and rationally explain one gentle push and that is it.  He would do well for 5 seconds and then go back into violent button pushing mode.  So we left.  There was a Big Bird movie on the Omni Theater at 1:30, it was 12:50 and I couldn't stand it.  We left.  I feel bad, but in reality, they were not listening so they needed a punishment.  James is supposedly napping now and Joel is playing with his dollhouse.  I think Mommy needs a nap.  I wonder if we can get two listening boys before our trip.  I know they will have tantrums, I know they will be tough - but I just need them to listen in the crowds.  Perhaps Joel Husband is right, two strollers and we are strapping them in whenever we need to go places!

No comments:

Post a Comment