Thursday, November 21, 2013

Full Day on the go, Disney 2013


We were to have a relaxing moment in the morning today.  Sleep in.  Relax.  But James had other things in mind.  James woke us up at 5:30am, ready to go.  He did not get the memo that it was sleep in relax day.  So, we had fun, Mommy organized, we went to the pool and we still made it to EPCOT by 10am.  We did the usual, cause that's what we know...  But I have to tell you that while walking through Innoventions we saw lots of fun things for the kiddos when they are like the can read stage of kiddoness.


We had lunch at Tutto Italia, which was delicious in Italy, Mommy got to speak one sentence of Italian. They boys are getting weary of photo taking.  But they look good, right?


I think there is something written that day 5 is tough.  You have been here long enough that the kids get into a routine and expect everything they want, no matter how good you are at explaining to them that they are in Disney, the rule is they can pick one thing, and Santa will consider the rest.  My kids have been great at understanding this - but Joel had several meltdowns today (which I should admit for him are not so bad) and James was a mess in the evening.  It is just overload.  But, I think by the end of dinner everyone is all set and ready to go to make our last day, tomorrow, a good one.


Dancing in Italy below.


Just when you think you have had enough - you are tired of fighting crowds, are sick of waiting in line, are tired of the kid whining, you turn the corner and there is a character, without a line and your kids faces light up and all is well again.  Thanks, Alice.


On our way out of EPCOT to the MK, we also found Pluto with little to no wait so that was great too!  Joel's favorite, and the assurance that James is finally over being scared of the characters.


James fell asleep on the monorail to the MK.  Joel Andrew NEVER did this at Disney, even when he was 18 months old.  So I had to take a few photos of this.  He slept through everything, parades, his brother yelling, crowds, rain, and more.



Above is a photo of Joel Andrew enjoying a parade.  You may know from my previous posts that I think all people who watch parades are silly and this gives others a chance to run on the rides.  But, we emerged from the gift shop at the time of the parade and I could not deny all of the characters, so we stood and watched and in 3 minutes all Disney characters walked by, it was actually a kind of big bang for your buck.  Joel Andrew loved it. James slept.

Joel Andrew went with Mommy on Splash Mountain.  Joel does not like these rides so it was a big deal that Daddy got him to go.  We get up to the boat and they seat us in the front.  There is no way if we wanted it we would have been there in a million years. However, here we were.  He did a great job and will never admit it but he enjoyed most of the ride, even the small falls.  Of course, he didn't love, and cried for the long fall...  But I know he liked it a little bit.  Joel is excited for when James is bigger and I have someone to go on the ride with me.


Then, it rained.  Normally I welcome the rain as the crowds flow out.  But they stayed, they converged at all of the drying points.  We still had fun until James and I had enough...  But Daddy and Joelly kept us through and we carried on.

We did Story time with Belle and it was awesome.  Joel got to play the role of Chip, see above, and he LOVED it.  James jumped up and assumed the newly scripted role of "magical character" which the staff wrote in just for him.  It was awesome, funny, cute.  Again lots of women in the room told me I had two adorable and amazing boys. They are right.  Though the didn't have to keep them calm during dinner!  I will say that the trick that starts off story time with Belle was crazy.  And, Lumiere was nuts.  Joel Andrew keeps talking about how things are magic here at Disney.  The Peter Pan bar magically lifts, the monorail doors magically open, etc.  When he is bigger, he will still believe as then he will have lumiere and this ride.


We had dinner at Be Our Guest and it was fantastic.  Delicious food, we got to meet the Beast, we saw the rose, we went into the West Wing.  Mommy ate the Gray stuff.  I wish there was more music and entertainment, but the food was good which is a rarity in the MK, and there was booze (which was sad to go against Walt's wishes, but alas)...  The only thing was that it was Christmas Party night at the Magic Kingdom.  And, you have to pay close to $70 extra per adult to stay for the Christmas Party.  We did not do that, so when we got out of dinner we were escorted out of the park.  I was surprised to see so many people who presumably paid this money, packing the streets.  Already waiting two and three deep for a parade.  Who are these people that would pay this additional money? I pointed out as we left how sad a state we are all in that this happens and it is ok with so many.  50 years ago companies would have never done this to their customers.  It was like a slap in the face to walk out after just paying $150 for dinner, to be escorted to the door like potential thieves.  Not to mention that we just bought DVC, tell everyone how much we love Disney, etc...  Oh well.  I will try to not let it effect me.  We didn't want to stay anyway.  I hope they don't expand this craziness further...


No comments:

Post a Comment