Wednesday, September 17, 2014
James as an Only Child
This weekend we spent time with just James in Minneapolis, MN. This was needed, fun, relaxing and a great, great vacation. Don't get me wrong, we missed Joelly. But something happens when there is just 1. The one child left becomes well-mannered. They are a joy to be around. Whining is cut down almost to nothing. The child is a dream. They become an only child! (all only children are dreams!)
No, but seriously (of course I only said that because I am an only child)… James was the best, and I am told so was Joel based on my conversations with my parents. They watched him the entire weekend and loved it.
None of us had ever been to Minneapolis before, and we went to visit awesome friends. We toured the whole city, went to a Patriots game, ate way, way, way too much food - dining at 5 star restaurants (yes, with kids in tow), visited sculpture gardens, the largest mall in our country - rode public transportation, walked the sky walk - and all without a stroller!
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I refused to bring a stroller and boy was that the correct decision. There was only one time where it was absolutely necessary for me to carry James and that is when he fell asleep on the public transport. He would not have fallen asleep if he had been in the stroller all day - he was exhausted from the walking! There is so much I can post about for this fun weekend, I am going to try to separate them out so they are searchable later, but in this post enjoy our pictures. I loved it there so, so much I kinda want to move there. We will be back again and again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment