NOT anymore people! We are back at it, and we have 23 more stadiums/teams to go.
This weekend we conquered seeing the Minnesota Vikings. I haven't yet really set the rule, so this may or may not count. I think the goal is to the Patriots play each NFL team, in their home court. Which would make this weekend qualify, since we were in the Vikings home court. Of course, it was not their stadium though as that is currently under construction. We were at the U of M stadium, which was actually really nice. I was shocked.
So, things I want to remember about my experiences in the games (and I wish I blogged about them sooner, may have to repeat previous visits! though I think I did blog about Chicago!)- are the following:
- Atmosphere and People. The people were really, really, really, really nice here. Like so nice. We walk around in our Pats jerseys and I have been assaulted in some places (Miami), made fun of in other places, and in general get small quips and comments here and there. It is all part of the fun and I expect it. I am kinda terrified when I go to a Raiders game, but for the most part everyone is just having a good time. However, in Minnesota - they are so nice, they have no idea how to make fun of you. I literally got a ton of: "Oh boy, the other team… (then quick look of sadness and need to apologize)… Thank you so much for coming to visit our city!" No joke. Everyone thanked us for visiting. Multiple people commented on my Troy Brown jersey. "What a great and classy player." WOW, Minnesota, you guys are awesome. (Maybe they felt the need to identify with my classy player as one of theirs, Adrian Peterson, was just caught beating his child…!)
- Entertainment and Team Theme. They are all viking here. They have a Skol band, not to be confused with Skoal Band, which I did. I was horrified when they started talking about the Skol band and assumed the team let dip fund some music. Skol is a viking term, and this was a band of rhythm instruments that had side-line things happening and a 1/2 time bit. It was very nice once you realized dip was not involved. They also had a man blowing a large horn of some sort. I didn't really pay attention to their song too much, I just remember thinking it was less annoying than Miami's, nothing is more annoying than Miami's. In other news, their cheerleaders changed outfits 1/2 way through the game. Does this happen everywhere? Joel Husband says he didn't notice, right.
- Food and Drink. Miller owned this place, and I couldn't really find too much local beer. I really shouldn't comment here though because they are not in their stadium and are just guests in the U of M stadium. Similarly, I was glad that I ate a ton before I showed up and did not feel the need to get food. It looked like normal stadium fare though there were some "delicacy carts" with cheese curds and such for sale. I love cheese curds. They also had "Drew's Popcorn" - better believe I took that tub home.
- Tailgating. We totally missed this in favor of brunch. Plus, not sure they really have any with the temporary Stadium setting, though I am sure they probably did.
Good times were had. We went with friends who had never been to a football game before and they loved it and want to go back again and again. Price was not cheap, $190 per seat! And, we had to pay for James! But he generally loved the game and had a great time.
Pats won. By a lot… It was kinda sad actually, and made it a bummer. We like a good nail biter! James also was swept away in the crowds response and sadness, and could have been heard chanting Minnesota, Minn-e-sottta! Over and over again in the stands. It was cute. We almost bought him a Vikings jersey.
Till next time! I wonder what game we should hit next?!
No comments:
Post a Comment