Thursday, September 4, 2014

Foot in Mouth

Those of you who know me know that I can sometimes say the most wrong thing - without meaning offense (for instance, I have too many roosters in my kitchen…fast forward two minutes later when I open the brand new rooster salt and pepper shakers from the person I was just speaking to - and by the way, those S&P's are still front row stage in my kitchen, thanks Bobo!).  I can also over analyze and worry too much.  When the two things come together, it is a bad, bad thing.

Yesterday I sold one of my things to a girl on my Baby Troop Facebook page.  She came to my office to pick them up and had a little one, about 10 or 11 months old in the bucket.  The Mom had one of those band aid things on her arm, as if she had just been to the Dr's office which I notice, but did not think of.

In casual chatty conversation I asked if she had any more kids and she replied "Not yet."  Like a moron I went on and on.  (husband, do not use this against me later).  I said I have two - they are 21 months apart and it was a nightmare!  Take your time!  She continued to speak as well.  Telling me she has a lot of friends with kids 17 months apart.  They are crazy I yelled at her!  Nuts people!  Enjoy the one you have now.

I get home from work and for some reason the band aid is sticking in my head and then it hits me.  This woman I was just speaking to came from the freaking Drs where she was getting tested for that pregnancy test.  Quick math, it is right for her to have a kid that would be 17 months apart from her current kid.

I racked my brain all night.  I probably really upset her.  She is probably freaking out right now.  She wouldn't care what I think, right?  What if I ruined her whole day?  Ah!

This morning I type an email noting that I hope she likes the thing she bought, and I rethought my earlier stance when I saw my boys playing together this afternoon.  Two so close is wonderful, at times hard but really great and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Ahh.  Feel better, right?  Making all right again for this poor lady who I am a moron to.

Then, she responds to my email with… I wanted to have them close together but just lost my second baby to miscarriage a few weeks ago.  I will keep trying and hope they can be close together.

Just Shut up me.  SHUT UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment