Thursday, August 28, 2014

Fast Forward, Begin

So, he is loving Kindergarten.  He is starting to make new friends.  He is buying lunch and snack.  He is also not very talkative about his adventures.  I tried to pump things out of him on day 1, but it was difficult.  Day 2 I just said forget it and we will both try to pump things out when Daddy gets home.  We got a bit more then… A bit more.  Maybe he is modest?  Shy?  No, not either of those things.  Maybe he is just a boy.  I better get used to this I suppose.

This morning, for the third day - and the final day this week, he woke up all by himself, and got himself  dressed.  Just show him how the toaster works and I do not even need to be in the equation!  But seriously, I am proud of him.  My big school man!

We are just starting to figure out the awesomeness of having one boy with transportation to school, with the ability to buy food at school, with unpaid and excellent care from 7:30-3; with learning all of our new neighbors and meeting new friends.  Imagine two in this situation?  No wonder so many people in my town have 3, 4, and 5 kids each!

Helping Joelly to pick his snack or lunch ahead of time, reminded my just how lucky he is and how I wish I was in Kindergarten.  Get picked up at your doorstep and driven to work, get served two meals - your choice - a day.  Recess breaks, art class.  I am super jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment