Sunday, August 24, 2014

Last Day of Summer

Today we were supposed to go home.  We were supposed to organize, do laundry, get groceries and get prepared because tomorrow we have a lot to do - Joel Andrew will visit his Kindergarten classroom.  I need to wash and iron all of his new school clothes. James needs stuff prepped for his school too.  Joel Andrew has a Dr appt.

But today is the last full day of summer, the last full day that my little guy is not yet in school.  So we hung out.

We swam.  We went for a canoe ride.  We floated.  We jet skied.  We hung out.

This has been the summer of swimming.  I remember when they were summers of learning to sleep, or walk, or talk.  This summer was swimming to the float dock, without a life vest.  What will next summer bring?  Pretty soon we will be onto water skiing or jumping off the leaps.  Help me!

So, with the last day of summer we have fantastic weather, we had great family time, and tomorrow will certainly be busy.  But maybe the busier I am the better in terms of distracting me from my baby going off to big guy school.  Must go drink a glass of wine - no mid-week booze starts tomorrow, and we still have 12 bottles of wine up here I do not want to lug home!

Wish us luck trying to get everything in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment