I haven't decided yet if it is 20 10M+; 10K+; or just any kind of race, races at all. I'm thinking we should just call it any kind of race now, we can narrow later depending on how it is looking... I'd like to update the blog with my opinions on each race and its "running" - both my running it and their running of it. And, also, use this post as my continual measuring stick.
I am actively seeking friends to join me. Take a picture with me at the start and then later when I hobble towards you at the finish. It will be more fun for me that way. The more the merrier! Just let me know if any intrigue you and you are in, let's sign up - or get the date in the books!
So, here we go:
Last updated: December 1, 2015
Runs Completed:
- Smuttynose Rock Fest, October 4, 2015. 1/2 Marathon, time: 2:11:57.0
- Disney's Food Wine, November 6, 2015. 1/2 of a 1/2 Marathon (really 7 miles, weather related cut short by Disney), 1:03:06 - 437th woman out of 8,622. 85th in my division, and top 10% overall. (followed by 13.1 ran on my own a day and a half later around the hotel, time: 2:04:50
- Hampton Falls' Tiger Trot, November 21, 2015. 10 Miles. Wicked Bad Head Cold. 1:45:56
- Jingle Bell 1/2 Marathon, December 12, 2015. 13.1 Miles. Results: 409/814 78/170 gender/age 2:01:29.5 9:17
- Rock N Roll DC Half Marathon, March 12, 2016. 13.1 Miles. 2:07:14, 9:43 pace. #5,743 out of 14,470.
- Wallis Sands 1/2 Marathon, May 15, 2016. 13.1 miles. 2:04:27.3, pace 9:31, #1 out of 24 Athenas!
Runs Signed Up For:
- She Power Virtual Half. Despite the name, I am trying the "Virtual Half" thing. Can I credit this as a race will be debated in future blog posts. A medal will be mailed, and I will run it on my own time. The medal is distinctive. I sent some unknown party $50 to run 13.1 miles around my neighborhood. I get a virtual bib. We will see what this all means soon.
- Old Port 1/2 Marathon and Lobster Bake - Saturday, July 9th. Who doesn't love Portland, and who doesn't mind running in sweltering heat?
- Traveler Beer New England 1/2 Marathon. Fall. In NH. It goes from Loudon to the State House and is supposedly all down hill, and it ends with a shandy! What?! Yes! I am also this close to getting Mat to run with me. Come on Matty!
- Rock N Roll Vegas Half Marathon!
- Key West 1/2 with Heather, the lady who started it all for me! January, MLK weekend. Need I say more?
Runs I'd Like to Run (in no particular order):
- The Bermuda Triangle. 1 mile followed by a 5K followed by a 1/2 marathon. January - MLK weekend. It's in Bermuda! And, sounds like a neat challenge!
- Maine 1/2 Marathon. Fall - birthday weekend. Coastal Maine. I bet most people went to Colby.
- One of those wine 1/2 marathons where you go through wine country somewhere (preferably out west).
- Disney Princess 1/2. February - NY/MA winter break weekend. I probably can't do more than 2 Disney runs, even with being a vacation club member - they are a $ commitment and time suck from your vacation, are scheduled (how do we take boys out of school?) on strange dates, and the most of them are in CA. But, maybe I can do the princess 1/2 sometime?
- The Eastern States 20 mile/Run for the Border Half Marathon. Sat, March 26, 2016. I like the idea of running from Kittery, ME to Mass through the entire beach run of NH which I love, but highly doubt I'll ever make it to a 20 mile run, especially in the winter time!
- NYC 1/2 Marathon. This is in March, and I would have to enter a lottery, or fundraise to get in. But how fun would it be to run the streets of my old hood?
- Army Ten Miler. In DC, gorgeous route, have heard it is a really nice run with lots of positive people. It's in the fall. The other option is the Cherry Blossom ten miler, which is a similar route and obviously in the spring and a gorgeous season. BUT - that is a lottery run or a fundraising run. Not too into that idea.
- Yosemite 1/2 Marathon. Did you know that many of the national parks have these? A lot of them seem to obviously be in high altitude areas. Not sure how this would work. Out of all of them it looks like Yosemite might be the least challenging. It is in October. Can you imagine? Awesome. Grand Canyon 1/2 would also be a contender here - if I was to pick one of these types of races. That is in May.
- Indy Mini-Marathon. You get to run the Motor Speedway there? Plus, some of my favorite long runs, and my best 6 mile time were in Indy. YES PLEASE! I just need to have the right company! This happens the first week of May, which may conflict with Mother's Day and James' B-day. Maybe it is my mother's day gift and James' b-day gift...
- Gate City 1/2 Marathon?
- There are a slew of interesting 10ks that I need to research too. My husband had an idea of doing a "10k gourmet" where I travel, run and then eat and blog about it. In Richmond, there is the Monument Avenue 10k which is supposed to be great; Atlanta has the "best run race in the country." The Cooper River Bridge Run, in April, in South Carolina, seems like a possibility sometime paired with a HHI visit - this one in particular has been getting awards for how well the race is won.-- I am sure there are more and I need to sprinkle 10ks into my goals too - a lot less taxing than a 1/2 or 10 miler.
- A Run to Remember - its in Boston on Memorial Day weekend so it seems like a no for me, as we are always elsewhere... But it looks awesome.
- A run that goes into multiple states at the sametime!
- An international run. Do they do any half marathons in Venice? Could you imagine running the streets of venice? I WOULD LOVE IT. Sounds silly. How do they shut down a city walkway/lifeline. Can't happen. What about another awesome city in europe? Italy? Rome, florence? Hmmm.
Anything I missed?
No comments:
Post a Comment