Monday, October 12, 2015

Wife Carrying Competition


This post will be quick.  Because I am tired!  We had a great, long and fun weekend. We were with the Gouldmans!  And we opened up Sunday River, cooked delicious food, rocked some Wife Carrying Competition watching, hiked down a mountain, and then closed up the cabin, visited Portland, and more and more.


I'm gonna call the Sunday River Columbus Day weekend thing a fair - because it really has grown.  I remember when we did the wife carrying a number of years ago, and that was it.  Now it is a huge event, with multiple days - (the finally figured out Sunday they should have stuff too! this year it was a cornhole championship).  They had music, beer tent, wine tent (next time I have to do that one!); scenic chair lift rides, kids games, climbing wall, bouncing things and more and more.


We learned our lesson and did not go out to eat once over the entire weekend (until Monday night).  The restaurants don't know what to do with being slammed we have found over these weekends, so we cooked and ate and ate and ate.  In the condo. It was relaxing and fun.  And, go me for having the place cleaned and all of the sheets done at the end of last year, it made getting into the condo this year all the more awesome.


The boys loved the games and the bouncy house, but were still getting restless, so we took the chair lift up to the Peak Lodge, and then decided to walk down.  This was eventful, as James got some sort of poop on his jacket, and then later proceeded to pee his pants a bit, while running down the mountain.  Mara took an epic picture of James' butt, peeing in the middle of Dreammaker trail with the beautiful sky and leaves in the background.  Nice.


We then went to Sebago, which was nice because Sunday River was getting crampt with no skiing and activities running dry by Sunday afternoon, however I have to say that I could have stayed at Sunday River too.  At Sebago we watched the game on the big screen, had a big fire - and this am we sat at the beach and had actual sun while the boys swam.  On Columbus Day weekend.

All in all a great weekend away on the "Williams Family Home Tour."  We will not be going to Maine now for more than 8 weeks (maybe even as many as 10!), it is probably the longest break I have had in many, many years.  Sad face!









No comments:

Post a Comment