So, this whole blog is supposed to be about Museums and kids and kids at museums, but since my kids are growing older, and our days of adventures are now few and far between - between work and school and practices and sports (never thought I would say those things!) - the blog has become less and less about museums. And, that is ok, it is life and first and foremost we should be enjoying the kids and the life we have now. However, today was my birthday, and I took a day - not where I stashed James in daycare to get chores or work done - but a day where we drove to Boston and had a day together, and with my parents.
Where to go? Why not the MFA? We walked around and we had a great time. Grumpy showed him the swords, then while in the American galleries we "hunted" for all of the eagles. We followed him through the many "maze" doors and found the mummys, and the coins room, where he made his own coin on the computer. He was loving every minute of it.
We had a delicious lunch where he ate everything up, and then, upon his request, we played "I spy with my little eye" in the Museum. We parked ourselves on the couches in the European Paintings room and played I spy for about a half an hour. Everyone got a turn, and in the end James found them all. And we all left feeling happy and excited about our time at the Museum, a win, win, win for all! We even found a painting where the ladies were also playing I spy!
James enjoyed the big baby head sculptures a ton, and was a delight, even took a nap on the way home. It was an epic day for kids at the Museum, all of us. Now, I need to take James to europe!






No comments:
Post a Comment