Friday, July 23, 2010

Jackson Hole, WY

We are here. We woke up at 3:30 this morning to get to the airport. What a nightmare! When we got there, huge lines everywhere. I was still freaking out because Delta would not seat us together ahead of time. They just kept saying, "wait until you are at the gate, they will fix it." Well, as anyone should know, I do not roll that way. A few more panic attacks later, and we were at the gate, all sitting together, ready to get on a 5-1/2 hour flight to Salt Lake City.
The flight went surprisingly well. Like, really well. He slept for most of the beginning, and then I could kill the airline. They clearly want people to buy more things, so just as people are nodding off they get on the loudspeaker trying to sell you drinks, food, headphones, anything. I almost killed the airline attendant who made the announcement. Joel (dad) told me to ignore the baby when he was waking up, he would go back to bed. I was so tired, I agreed with him, and 25 minutes later (a long 25 minutes) he went back to bed. One hour later he woke up again, to play in his seat. By then we were half way through the flight!
I was surprised in how much the little man was occupied by food. Also, how he was just resigned to the fact that he was in the seat and so were we. We landed, and had a great layover, quick, got everything done, got on the new plane, all was set. But then he started to meltdown. Luckily this did not last long, as he promptly went for his afternoon nap. We landed, adjusted, checked in our hotel, got some groceries, and walked around the town. He did melt down once or twice again, but can you blame him? He was ripped from his crib at 4 am, dragged across the country, and now in a weird place.

We are going to have a fun time. This place is very different than any I have ever visited. I keep remarking about the scenery. We walked around the town and found a very fancy steak house to eat dinner. Of course, my husband was wearing a t-shirt, and not just any t-shirt, take a look at the photo if you can... So, I was embarrassed. But, we did good. The kiddo would not eat any of his veggies. He only chowed on bread. I don't know what made me feel more stupid, ordering a $7 meal for the child, which he did not eat, OR the fact that the child ended up eating 1/2 of Big Joel's meal, the most expensive steak on the menu... He is certainly our child.
Tomorrow we are off to explore the Grand Tetons. Here is wishing us luck the kid does not try to wake us up at 5am...

No comments:

Post a Comment