Monday, July 26, 2010

Yellowstone, Day 2

Today, was interesting. It started off interesting. We have about a 60 mile drive to our next hotel, which in park language can take about 5 hours, so what do we decide to do? Hike about 1 mile away from our starting point. And, to boot - it is 1 mile in the wrong direction, and to boot, through a massive road work project. Awesome. We get on the hiking trail, and right away we see a big pile of fresh poop. I am freaked, we turn around a go back to car. Luckily for us, the road closure situation has resolved itself by then so we are back in action. But I can't help thinking, what else do we have in store?
I should also mention that in the hotel room this morning the kiddo was extra-whiny. And, extra-hot. I wondered about a fever, we gave him some ibuprofen and went our merry way. Over the course of the day, things got worse.
As you can see, on one of our many hikes around geysers, mud pits(and various other geothermal awesomeness as Big Joel puts it), etc - he fell asleep. My kiddo does not fall asleep in random places. Only car seat, and crib. So, I knew this was weird.
Sure enough, pictured above... Kiddo has a fever. Not the highest he ever has had, and not the weirdest he ever has acted, but we are like hours away from a hospital, so I am worried. We go to the Clinic, and the DR confirms, Tylenol and some rest is the way to be. It must be that he has had a reaction from his 1 year vaccines he got a year before he left. That, combined with us taking him off his schedule, dropping the bottle, and not giving him a chance to nap has left him haggard. Well, he is in the room, sleeping soundly tonight.
And, mom and dad are looking out to Old Faithful from their window... Tomorrow we are off to our friends place near Livingston. Confident that our kiddo has a non-contagious problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment