He still appears to be gaining weight, though we will know tomorrow for sure. He still eats, though sometimes it is accompanied by both he and I crying. I wonder if it is a milk allergy? All I know is now it hurts his throat. We need that reflux medicine please!
Otherwise he is doing well in the sleeping department. Much better than his brother at this time, but I do not want to jinx it you know. Once you write about it, it is sure to change.
He is also growing so big already. Into 6 month clothes, and personality shining through. Once the puking has settled and happy boy makes a brief appearance, we find he is already fascinated by rattles and colors. Still refuses to take the bink though. We have tried every brand we can get our hands on... should we give up? Thoughts?
I am now back to swaddling him. At night for a while I just loosely (and safely) wrapped the blanket around him, leaving his arms free. This has allowed for lots of evening movement accompanied by lots of grunting. Now that he is in his crib, and I can see him on the monitor, I see how this is very disturbing to his sleep. So, binding him up it is! He seems to be taking to it even though when he first came home from the hospital he refused. He appears to be able to get out of it though - even the velcro swaddling blankets. I have to get good at burrito-ing him again. When he woke up last night he did not cry for food, and just made his grunting noise for about an hour before I finally went in to feed him, and re-burrito him. Once he was back to sleep he was good for the night and only cried at 6:30am. Could this mean that with a successful burrito he may go really long? Hmmm.
I am thinking about starting a James activity. You know, instead of just lugging him around on my errands. Maybe the infant Gymboree? Why not, I did it with Joel Andrew. Why should the second kid loose out?
Here's hoping tomorrow's Dr appt. fixes or helps the pukey-duker situation!
I hope it's reflux and not a milk allergy. Good luck with the doctor. In terms of swaddling you need the super swaddle! Check out my blog post about it and it includes a link showing exactly how to do the super swaddle. Cameron LIVED in the super swaddle for about 6 months until we did CIO. And by the way, just give up on the pacifier...he'll learn to self sooth earlier and you don't have to deal with the trauma of getting rid of it (which I have yet to do for Cameron). http://staceysbloghasgotitgoinon.blogspot.com/2009/05/sometimes-straight-jacket-is-just-what.html
ReplyDelete